Monday, April 27, 2015

Terra - Teen Titan

I was not a DC fan growing up. For whatever reason, I just never got into DC, so my knowledge of DC stuff was pretty much just the Super Friends for a long time.

Up until recently, I probably couldn't have named any of the Teen Titans beyond Robin and Cyborg. I never watched the show when it was on the air, and my introduction to the Teen Titans actually came from the current Teen Titans Go! cartoon, which is...probably not the optimal way to learn about them.

But I went back to the old show and it's great. And my favorite character, and now favorite superhero all around, is Terra.

While I admit my DC knowledge is sparse, thanks to the Major Spoilers Podcast (episode #17), I am familiar with Terra's betrayal storyline in the comics. So, when she showed up in the show, I knew basically what was coming...and I almost stopped watching. Not because I didn't like it. But because I thought...maybe if I stop watching...I can keep Terra from making a HUGE mistake.

But, I had to let the storyline play out. i had to see how it ended and, for the most part, I'm satisfied with her story arc. (I'm definitely glad the Teen Titans Go! comic provided a little bit more closure.)

I like Terra enough, that I have already done some more minis of her...coming later this week.

For this version, showing her outfit when she first meets the rest of the Titans, I used a Spider-Girl Heroclix and used green stuff to make her hair and goggles and other details.


No comments:

Post a Comment