Thursday, April 30, 2015

Terra? - Schoolgirl

"Things change, Beast Boy. The girl you want me to be is just a memory."


When I watched Teen Titans the first time through, I finished episode 64, "Titans Together", and was like, "OK, that's the end of the series." But then I saw there was one more episode.

What was left to do, I wondered.

Other than sink some ships.

At first, I didn't like "Things Change." For one thing, it sank my favorite ship. But more than that, it ended the series on a weird note and in a way that made me wonder if Terra was even happy. All we see is her being uneasy around Beast Boy (and him nervous around her) but we don't really know if this is what she wants.

Thankfully, they addressed this somewhat in issue #51 of the Teen Titans Go! comic. In that issue, Geo-Force shows up and gives us Terra's back story and, more importantly than that, we get to see her with her school friends and she's...happy. Geo-Force even comments on it:

All that being said, I can't help but wonder if she still has her powers or not, which kind of led into using the mini I did.

I bought the Golden Glider Heroclix to use for a different character, but as I started working on it, I started to see it as Terra. So, I decided to make it Terra as a student...but maybe sometimes she can't help but use her power. Or maybe it was gone and now it's returned.

Just like Terra.


No comments:

Post a Comment