Monday, March 2, 2015

Tinker Bell - Tinker Fairy

Did you know that Tinker Bell has her own spin-off series of movies?

I didn't. Not until recently, that is. To me, Tinker Bell, was always just a minor Peter Pan character who somehow became a Disney mascot. I never really paid much attention beyond that.

Recently though, I saw part of "The Pirate Fairy" movie, specifically the part where the fairies get their talents switched, and was intrigued, so I watched the movie. And it was pretty good.

Since then I've gone back and watched the others and, for the most part, I think they are pretty good. Better in some ways than some of the more high profile Disney movies like Brave or Frozen.

So, since I'm always looking for another theme to paint minis for...

To make a miniature Tink, I started with the Heroclix Arisia and added wings made from thin plastic sheet. I used green stuff to make her hair and her leaf dress. Oh, and the pom poms on her shoes.

I tried a few different ideas for her wings, but they all kind of looked muddled, so I went with a light gold color.

Making fairy wings is surprisingly hard.

-c

No comments:

Post a Comment